Saturday, September 1, 2012

Turtle Cupcakes

 
Hello there!
 
Do you ever feel like you could be on Pinteret for hours browsing thru tons and tons of ideas? I know I do. I try my best to not to though. I limit myself... most of the time.
 
While I was there though, I found these cute turtle cupcakes on Pinterest for my RyRy's birthday. Aren't they cute?!
 
 
 

 
Why turtles you say? Well, I'm glad you asked. The story begins when a close friend of mine, Ellie gave RyRy a cute stuffed turtle. She was trying to downsize some things that she didn't want anymore and h loved it! He sleeps with it e.v.e.r.y. night practically. He can't be without it he says :)
 
 
 
Here's Ellie with her sweet little baby Gwen. I just wanna squish those little cheeks. Gwen is like the quietiest and best babies ever! (Ellie, tell Gwen to stop growing. She's getting too big!)
 
Anyways, back to the cupcakes. When I went to go get the supplies for making them I found most of what I needed. I couldn't find the spearmint leaves candy for the life of me! So I improvised. My mom and I cut up apple rings candy instead. Mine aren't exactly the same but they still turned out cute. And although, I didn't make time for the eyes the kids still loved them. Especially RyRy.
 
 
 
Along with the cupcakes I made an ice cream cake. It was 4 layers high! One layer of chocolate cake, then a chocolate chip cookie dough (baked, of course), vanilla ice cream and another layer of chocolate cake. When I pulled it out to frost though, the ice cream started to melt so it looks a little messy, but everyone said it tasted great!
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this. Thanks for being here :)
 
Jenn

P.S. For any of you Blogger experts out there: is there a better way to edit these posts than in Blogger? I just want an easier way to manage my photos or have a photo layout for my posts. 

So I'm sorry for the weird resized photo display. They're not cooperating with me. Thanks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. It would make my day ;)